We all have certain notions about fitness that may or may not be true. I thought this article did a good job of giving solid answers.
If you want to see how your knowledge base fairs, check out this article by Lisa Hoehn after answering true or false for the following questions.
1. Always stretch before your workout.
2. Push through the pain.
3. To lose weight and fat, focus on resistance training.
4. A cool down is absolutely necessary.
5. You can drop pounds and inches — without dropping a bead of sweat!
6. It’s always better to do vigorous workouts than it is to exercise at a moderate-intensity.
7. It doesn’t matter if you do cardio or weight training first.
8. If you’re feeling sore after a workout, pop an ibuprofen.
9. If you have bad knees, do your running on a treadmill.